Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010


Wilson Ang, founder of ECO Singapore, invited me to a meeting tonight of the coordinating teams for ECO Singapore's Earth Hour action. Earth hour is a global event where people will turn off their lights for one hour at 8:30pm Saturday March 27 to show their personal commitment to help stop climate change. Above is the pic of the meeting.

I had tears in my eyes listening to all these young people plan - I was SO impressed. They have recruited and signed up over 1,000 volunteers (mostly high school students) to go door to door on Saturday to educate people about climate change, ask them to participate in Earth Hour and invite people to attend one of the five events they are putting on in every district of the city! Check out more info at Eco Singapore. Young people across the world are going to save this planet - I tell you.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, amazing! 1,000 volunteers??! I'm so glad you're there, Heather, and I can't wait to see how you bring all this wisdom into your work here at home. xoxo

    ReplyDelete