Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010


Went into a small Taoist Buddhist temple next door to my hostel today and met VIOLET! Violet is a 60 year old Singaporean Buddhist who, in two hours, taught me more about religion than I learned in my whole life! When I get back from Sri Lanka (where I go to a ten day silent Buddhist retreat) and Japan (where I will visit my 86 year old great uncle who is a Catholic priest) I will write an entry, Religion 101 from someone who knew nothing about religion two months ago, if you are interested.

Anyway, Violet drove me in her hybrid out to this amazing temple in the picture above - it was HUGE! It was actually two temples side by side - one Taoist and one Buddhist. We stopped by a market on the way and had fishballs and noodles - so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment